Skip to main content

Ways I stay calm as a Mumma with Balance

I have implemented a morning routine to help me overcome and combat my overwhelm and anxiety that is with me everyday. I have always had the 'view' that every day you have the chance to be a tremendous blessing to someone else, in ways that you may never even recognize. But for me to be a help to someone else, and I am not just talking by helping a neighbor or work colleague, I am also referring to your families. Your hubby/partner, your kiddos, your parents, those who are close to you. They all want to see you being with love and laughter. But to help me give to others, I need to first help myself be in control the best way I can with my anxiety.

One of the best things I can do everyday is to use my Balance essential oil. I want to share with you some ways I use this.

START EACH DAY with a drop on the bottom of my feet to help me feel that calmness and then inside my wrists. Applying this to my wrists allows me to smell this all day to help me to be calm.

DIFFUSE this oil everyday or when things feel tense allows that oil to enter our lymphatic brain which is where our emotions are trigger. You know when you walk into a shop and your like " this smells like grandmas" that's your lymphatic brain being trigger, because the smell links it the memory. Read more on what to diffuse this with HERE.

ADD TO THE BATH which is one my favorite things to do to help relax my mind mostly before bed. I don't always have the time for a nice soak in the bath (and not everyone has a bath), so a drop in the corner of a warm shower does the trick. Its smells airy, fresh, sweet, woody.

IN THE PALM OF HANDS which is my go to when the kiddos are driving me batty. Why is it right on 5pm when your preparing tea, the kids need the bath run, that they decide they must argue over the same colour pencil and yell top note? Walk over to your oils, pick up the balance, put a drop in the palm of your hands and just breath that in and watch your mind just be still and calm. Smelling these essential oils and calming the mind works very quickly.

ADDING TO YOUR LAUNDRY is another nice way to have a beautiful aroma through the house. Nothing better than walking into the laundry and getting a smack in the face with a soft aroma.

PUT IT ON THE KIDS which is a must have in the house and boi do I notice if I dont. Each morning when they eat breaky, I walk behind them with the bottle and put a drop on the back of the neck. It helps the morning go a bit smoother. Then when the tantrums come out, a drop in the palm there hands and time out smelling that oil for 10 seconds can make a massive difference. Yep, my kiddos get oily time out! Calms us all down. Read more on balance with kids HERE

So even if you feel like you don’t have a lot to give because your overwhelmed with Mumma duties or anxiety, or maybe your thinking that you don’t have the same kinds of things to give that others have, which puts you in the comparison game and anxiety creeps in because you dont feel good enough. Let me remind you, you definitely have gifts to offer that cannot be found anywhere else.


Share what you know.

Treat others with kindness.

Put yourself in another's shoes.

Turn an unfortunate situation into a wonderful one.

Thank someone with a thankless job.

Do your best to really really really SEE another human being and go out of your way to show them that you SEE what they do, who they are and what THEY have to offer.

When you give, no matter what you have to give, your life takes on new meaning and you can’t help but have an incredible day.

But sometimes giving can be over shadowed with Anxiety and overwhelm. Start your day off on the right foot, trust me, it makes a world of difference in you looking after yourself and then giving all those beautiful gifts you have to others.


---Flis Xx


Comments

INSTAGRAM