Skip to main content

8 Essential oils for Women

Every day the sun comes up and shines a light on our lives .Every day it comes up, without fail, whether we notice it and accept the gift of it or not. And every day it goes to bed and we get to rest from what it shined a light on. And there is the light of the stars and the moon to still show us the way, but not so much that we can’t rest from it all. 
This is such a great lesson for us.
There seems to be a theme this week on my social media that you have been asking for.

Monthly Cycles.

Sure we feel uncomfortable when we have our cycle, a little cramp like and just want to sit on the couch all day. I want to give you permission to do just that, sit on the couch and chill. Your body is doing a massive job shedding the old away.  Choice is a gift and a responsibility. Just about everything hinges on what we decide to do next. It is a beautiful thing when we remember to be the captain of  our own choices.

8 My Favorites to use during my monthly cycle

1. Clary calm- For PMS, cramps and mood. I apply this daily on my lower abdomen when I get dressed in the morning because it helps keep me regular and I am not so achy when day 28 arrives. Clary calm is also great in the diffuser, so if your feeling a little moody, pop this in.

2. Adaptiv- Rolled on the back of my neck to help me with my irritability. Change in hormones, especially in the lead up to Day 28 has me been a little more grumpier than I would like. Read more about Adaptiv here

3.Motivate-  If you want to lay on the couch during Days 1 - 3, thats ok because you are shedding all the old and that is a big job on the body. But as a Mumma we still need to cook tea, do the washing and take kiddos to school weather we want to or not. So roll on Motivate behind your ears to help you get off the couch and do the neccessary things you need to do and then lay back there with a good book!

4. Rose - Love also to use from Days 1-5 for calming. I just roll this on my chest and inside my wrists. Also great to use for sleep. I dont know about you, but my sleep changes when I am on days 1-5. Rose is very feminine essential oil and can help you support sleep as our hormones go up and down.

5. Neroli- A big favorite of mine, especially when I am feeling a few cramps. I like this on my lower back and abdomen. Also great to put with Rose for sleep as well. Read more on Neroli here.

6. Ice Blue Rub cream-  I used this on my lower back aches and sometimes a heat pack as well to help settle the ache.

7. Peppermint -  With the change in your hormones, I can often get a headache a few days before my cycle, so I will use Peppermint on my temples and forehead (don't put them in your eyes).

8.Turmeric or geranium or tea tree or Frankincense or copaiba - I get all these little break for those darn breakouts on my chin which is another tell sign that Day 1 is on its way. So I rub my finger over the top of the oil bottle and dab my acne. Sometimes it tingles a little but it works so well for me. Also drink lots water and keep hydrate as your body sheds.



Our goal is to make the most of the bright light of days 6- 28 and the also the soft light of night, being days 1- 5. To use the shadows ( sitting on the couch not doing much) for our benefit, to not be afraid of doing very little, and to always know when to step back into the sunshine for a while. Our great discipline is to look at life when the light is shining on it, to take care of what must be taken care of - and then also to let it go and rest from it when the light goes down under the horizon. It takes so much intention to not numb out during the light of day and to let ourselves rest during the glow of night.





Choice is a gift and a responsibility. Just about everything hinges on what we decide to do next. It is a beautiful thing when we remember to be the captain of our own choices.
There is light, there is shadow, there is dark, there is the glow of softer light.
All of it has purpose . . . just like our monthly cycle.

Lv Flis x

Comments

INSTAGRAM