Skip to main content

5 reason why I love and adore essential oils.




I’ve been using essential oils from when I fell pregnant with my eldest who will be 10 in a few months. I discover dōTERRA because I was not having the best pregnancy and knew there were alternatives for me ...and I fell head over heels in love. We use these powerful and potent gifts from the earth multiple times, in multiple ways, every single day in our home. That’s why I share all my oily secrets with the world. 
While these plant extracts have many amazing applications (and a ton of scientifically proven benefits) I think my all time favorite aspect of the oils is how there are so many options. I mean we use Easy air for sniffley noses and coughs and then I use Easy air to help with my anxiety.  THIS is the reason why I love them most! The versatility. And when I see people start their essential oils journey…  I get so excited, because not only is their health and wellness about to skyrocket, but they are about to fall head over heals in love.. It’s a win-win on all levels.
Here are 5 reasons I love and adore Essential oils...
I can enhance my mood and emotions...
For example, if I need a ‘pick me up’ at 3pm, instead of reaching for chocolate and coffee, I reach for my pick me up oils like Wild Orange and Peppermint, And when I want to de-stress and calm down my nervous system I reach for the grounding and calming oils such as Lavender, Lavender Peace, Clary Sage, Vetiver and Sandalwood. (I’ve heard from many women that these oils are the only things that have helped them break the “5 pm witching hour”.)
I have been able to take my health back into my own hands. 

I no longer have a medicine cabinet full of toxic junk that is not good for me or the planet. These oils are ALWAYS what I turn to first for things like headaches, skin rashes, cuts, burns, bites, fungal skin/nail infections, dandruff, moon-cycle support… the possibilities are endless!
They help me focus… 
Inbox threatening to overwhelm me? To-do list as long as the Thames? Concentration feeling crappy? Hello, Focus blend.

I diffuse them all day in the living room, kids bedrooms... 
Calms the little minds of the kids and they sleep! A mother dream that is real.  
I am in control of my cleaning products.
Nasty toxins? Forgeddaboutit! With these plant essences in my toolkit, I now create my own cleaning products and I know EXACTLY what I am using. For example, the other day I made a mirror and glass cleaner with 2 cups of filtered water, 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and 10 drops of Lemon essential oil. It worked a treat and smelled divine. I also have another easy-to-make cleaning product which is simply filtered water plus some drops of the OnGuard essential oil blend (which has powerful immune-boosting properties), popped into a spray bottle. It literally cleans everything. So not only is it soooo much cheaper — because I now only have two (not 10) cleaning products — it also saves me a truck load. Not to mention a whole cupboard in my laundry for my shoes and handbags.
I cant wait for you to experience these life changing - beautiful oils too :) 

Comments

INSTAGRAM